One writer (me). Eight months (almost). More than 122 scheduled stops (+unscheduled ones too). A million stories (truth).
The 3DRV tour began with a simple vision: navigate the country gathering stories from the makers, big and small, who are using 3D technology. It is hard to believe that this journey is coming to an end right before my eyes. But what better way to bring this tour full circle than with a final scheduled stop at Autodesk University. This event kicks off today in Las Vegas and continues through Thursday.
Over the next few days, customers, makers, designers, 3D enthusiasts and more will gather at the Mandalay Bay Hotel to share their passion for 3D and gain insight into the future of this ever-changing technology. Whether you’re attending the event in-person, or just following along online, there is much to be learned from the visionaries attending the conference.
If you’re onsite, be sure to visit the 3DRV booth #300 located in the exhibit hall. I have the honor of mingling with customers, guests, media and Autodesk execs while sharing some of the highlights, bloopers and special moments of the 3DRV tour. Below are 3DRV highlights of the conference you won’t want to miss:
Tuesday, Dec. 2
- 6:30-9:30 p.m. –stop by the 3DRV booth – we’ll be there mingling and doing a series of presentations and demos.
- It’s Sprout Night! The HP Sprout will be on display for some hands on demos!
- 7-7:15 p.m. – join us to learn about AEC/ENI projects encountered on the tour.
- 8-8:15 p.m. - stick around to hear about some of the 3D artists and makers we met on the road. Feel free to ask questions and interact!
Wednesday, Dec. 3
- 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and 6:30-9:30 p.m.–join us at the 3DRV booth for Q&A and conversation.
- 1-1:15 p.m. – we’ll showcase of manufacturing work we experienced on the 3DRV tour.
Thursday, Dec. 4
- 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. – this is our last chance to connect at the 3DRV booth! Don’t miss seeing the huge blue RV!
I am looking forward to the week ahead, and what results when so many 3D enthusiasts gather in Vegas! Be sure to follow along on social media via my Twitter handle @TJMcCue; join the conversation by tagging #3DRV. Also, don’t forget to get the 3DRV mobile badge!
Follow along at 3drv.com! #3DRV ■